Sunday 2 January 2022

A Flicker At The Peanut Butter


    Northern Flickers aren’t rare birds, but I generally don’t see them around the house in the winter, and generally when I see them, they fly off, so it has always been difficult for me to get a good photo of them.  Yesterday, I looked out of the kitchen window and noticed this one on the peanut butter log.  It was close enough for me to get a shot at it with the zoom on my camcorder through the window.  I was impressed at just how colorful they are close up.

    It seems all the critters around here love peanut butter.  My peanut butter log (just a piece of wood with some holes drilled into it, that I fill with peanut butter) is a big hit with Downy, and Hairy woodpeckers, Red breasted Nuthatches, and Chickadees.  Deer and Squirrels (both regular and Flying) also love peanut butter.  Obviously, I go through a lot of peanut butter every winter.



Take a look at my paintings:  davidmarchant2.ca

 

1 comment:

  1. My my ..to see this bird SO close up it is decorated delightfully!

    ReplyDelete