Monday 1 April 2019

The Critters Are Arriving


    Even though there is still snow on the ground and ice on the pond, it hasn’t stopped the wildlife from showing themselves.  Yesterday, I saw this butterfly (I saw my first last week), I saw this mosquito (my wife killed one in the bedroom last week), I saw a small fish darting around in the open water at the edge of the pond, and as I walked by, a toad jumped into the narrow string of open water.  I have already seen or heard a Varied Thrush and a Junco.
    I find it really surprising how quickly those animals show up in the Spring, even with our nightly below freezing temperatures and with a good bit of our landscape still covered with ice and snow.  It seems those creatures are as eager for Spring as I am.
    Below a shot of our yard taken yesterday and the mosquito I saw.



You can see my paintings at: davidmarchant2.ca

1 comment: