Sunday 28 April 2019

American Robin


    There is really nothing very exciting about seeing an American Robin, unless it is the first one you see in the Spring, (this one wasn’t), they are very common birds that inhabit just about the entirety of the North American continent.  The reason you are seeing this one is because it is the best photo I have ever taken of a Robin.
    Robins usually keep their distance from us.  They fly away well before you can start getting close to them.  For some reason the other day as we were walking on the path around the pond, I saw this Robin perched on a branch of an Alder tree ahead of us.  As we approached, it stayed right there and it allowed me to take this photo.  
    In the Spring male birds are at their most colorful, so they will be attractive to the females.  I assumed this was a male because it was so colorful, but I don’t know that for a fact.

Take a look at my photo-realistic paintings:   davidmarchant2.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment