Monday 6 August 2018

Our Slackard Plum Tree Produces


    We have two plum trees.  One is heavily leaden with still green plums, and the other tree is a slackard that rarely produces anything.  This year, like every other year, I was hoping that the lazy tree would change it’s ways and produce some plums because the first year we had the tree, it produced a handful of really tasty sweet plums, but since then, every time I walked past the tree and looking  hopefully for the fruit, I saw none.
    However, yesterday as I walked past the tree,  I did see a plum, well, sort of a miniature plum, in fact the smallest plum I have ever seen.  There it is in the photo.  It was smaller than the cherry tomatoes in the greenhouse,  but at least the tree did produce something.

Take a look at my paintings:  davidmarchant.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment