Friday 13 June 2014

Six Bears and A Moose

    We make the trip up to Prince George about once a month to stock up on supplies.   The 135 mile (217 km) strip of Hwy. 16 from McBride to Prince George is lined with trees.  You can see some mountains on the McBride end, but like I said, most of what you see are trees.  The trip would be pretty boring if it wasn’t for the wildlife that hang around on the side of the road.
    I made the trip yesterday, and I saw 6 bears, several deer, and 1 moose.  People generally think of bears as mean-tempered meat-eaters, but mostly they eat plants.  They especially like dandelions.  That was the big attraction along the side of the highway yesterday.  Because I made the trip alone yesterday, I stopped along the highway like a tourist, and took photos whenever I saw a bear.  Here are some of them. 








Take a look at my paintings:  www.davidmarchant.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment