Sunday 28 April 2013

Highway 16 Revisited and Other Painting News




























    In my painting “Country Road”, I had Hwy. 16 bisecting the lower portion of the picture.  It confused a lot of people, who didn’t know what it was (one person thought it was a pipeline).  The confusion troubled me for a long time, until I finally decided to just paint the highway out.  You can see a photo of the “Before” and “After” above.  As I look at the “After”, I see I still have a bit of work to do on the lower right-hand edge of the new road I created.
    The other day when I was at the library, Sarah, who is back from spending the winter in Scotland, asked me why I never put my painting “Ice” on the website.  I had to confess that I didn’t realized that I hadn’t.  I have now corrected that oversight, and as well, I added “Birch  Bark”, my last painting, to the website.
    Today, I have now started a new painting.  It is a painting of fire.  You can see the square I painted today and watch my progress daily, by clicking on “Current Work” at the top of my website:  

No comments:

Post a Comment