Saturday 6 April 2013

A Homemade Sub


    Ever since the truck carrying the frozen Subway bun dough crashed, and we ended up with some of the dough, I have been wanting to make myself a submarine sandwich.  For a long time, our oven was broken and couldn’t be used to bake the bread, then, when we got a new oven, our first experiment with the dough was making small buns.
    Well, I am happy to report, that I finally was able to bake myself a bread for a sub, and pile on all the fixings and eat my first homemade submarine sandwich.  Since I normally just have a 6 inch sub, I cut the dough stick in half for my sandwich.  It was delicious.  Today for lunch, I plan to duplicate the meal using the other half of the bun.

To read older blogs or to view my paintings, go to:  www.davidmarchant.ca


No comments:

Post a Comment