Wednesday 21 August 2024

T-Shirt Entrepreneur


     I like to sleep in long-sleeved T-shirts.  Last night when I grabbed one out of the drawer, I noticed that it was one of my “Yellowhead Loppet” shirts.  The logo refers to a cross-country ski race that used to take place annually in the Robson Valley.  “Yellowhead” is a reference to an old pioneer explorer of the area, and “Loppet” is a cross-country ski race.  

    Seeing the shirt reminded me of the time back in the late 1980’s and early 1990’s when I created a lot of logos and had them silkscreened onto T-shirts to sell.  It was quite a little business for me; coming up with the logos, ordering the T-shirts, and having them printed, then flogging them locally.  

    Surprisingly, I still have a few of those old T-shirts.  Some are pretty threadbare, but, like I mentioned, a few of them, I still wear.

    Below are a few examples of those T-shirts from that ancient era.







View my paintings at:  davidmarchant2.ca


No comments:

Post a Comment