Monday 26 August 2024

Hurry, I Need That Litter Box


    Lucifer really loves her litter box.  I am reminded of that fact every week when I take the box out for cleaning.  I usually walk it out to our sewage lagoon, and dump the clumps out there.  Once I picked up the litter box, opened the front door, and set the box on the front porch bench, then I walked back into the house and to the carport door to get my boots on.

    Once dressed, I walked out the carport door and outside, then around to the porch to pick up the box from the bench.  By the time I got there, Lucifer was already trying to get into the box.  (I have never understood why she insists upon using litter box, when she has the whole outside world at her disposal.) Anyway, I shooshed her away from the box, picked it up, and then carried it out to the lagoon.  There, I sifted through the litter with the little slotted shovel, and threw out all of the clumps.

    I brought the box back to the carport, where I poured in some new cat litter to replace what was taken out.  
    I opened the carport door, carried the box back into the house, and put it down on the floor, so I could take off my boots.  I couldn’t believe it while I was doing that, Lucifer, who had followed me  back into the house, was already climbing into the virgin litter to try it out.  Not only did she pee, she also pooped into the box.

    While waiting for her to finish, so I could put the lid on litter box, I grabbed my camera and took the photo.  Lucifer’s love of her litter box inspired the cartoon below.



You can take a look at my paintings at:  davidmarchant2.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment