Saturday 31 August 2024

Mushroom Treasures From The Farmer's Market


    I probably shouldn’t be blogging about this because I don’t really have all the information,  but yesterday my wife came home from the McBride Farmer’s Market, with this remarkable, exotic, and beautiful collection of mushrooms.   It is extraordinary to find such unusual gastronomical delectables in our local farmer’s market, which usually just features typical garden produce (and of course, fresh doughnuts). 

    I had heard tell of a couple who live in Dome Creek (a settlement so small it doesn’t even have a store) who were growing exotic and fancy mushrooms, but that was all the information I had.   I have since learned that the couple’s farm is called the Ancient Forest Mushroom Farm.  

     After seeing the variety of mushrooms that came home from the market, I must say I am really impressed.   It must take a tremendous amount of  agricultural skill and knowledge to grow such an amazing variety of fungal treasures.

    I am constantly surprised at the unusual and high-end talent of people that end up living in our very remote, sparsely populated, and isolated Valley.


Take a look at my paintings:  davidmarchant2.ca


 

No comments:

Post a Comment