Friday 23 August 2024

I Am Sure Liking Battery-Run Equipment


    While battery powered equipment has been available for a while now, it was only this summer that I climbed onto the bandwagon.   Several years ago I bought a battery powered lawn trimmer, but the battery it came with wasn’t too impressive, because it didn’t last very long.  Early this spring, I bought myself a battery run chainsaw and was very impressed with it.  It came with a much more powerful battery and I found the chainsaw very efficient and easy to use.

    This summer, I saw that the local equipment store was having a “Spring Sale” that included lawn mowers.  The sale included two extra batteries, and I checked and found that they were the same type battery that my chainsaw and lawn trimmer used, so I bought the lawn mower.  Being able to use those same powerful batteries on the other appliances was handy.  

    Once I started using all of these battery run things, I was sold.  It is so easy to start them all just by pressing a button, and not having to pull a crank over and over, hoping that the thing would start.  Of course, I still have to use chain oil in the chainsaw, but it is sure nice not to have to mess with mixed gas.   I find it is much more motivating, to just be able to start the lawnmower with a button and mow, without having to spend time mess around with filling the tank with gas and checking the oil level.

    Another of the big benefits to these batter powered tools, is how much quieter they are to use.  Their sound is more of a hum, than a loud obnoxious roar.

    Charging the batteries only takes about 40 minutes, and the fact that I have several batteries, enables me to continue with the job if a battery does run down.  The lawn mower has a space to carry an extra battery along, so you don’t have to go get another one, if you need it.  I have found that the batteries last as long as I want to spend doing the job.

    While these battery run items are rather pricy, they do make me feel good about doing the jobs and not having to use oil and gas to do them.



Take a look at my paintings:  davidmarchant2.ca

1 comment:

  1. It is also easier for the women out here wanting to do the jobs men are also tasked with. Good for you men as well.

    ReplyDelete