Thursday 18 May 2023

Wildlife Photos With A Camcorder


    I previously mentioned the amazing zoom on my camcorder and the zoom is really helpful in taking wildlife photos.  I took the shot above of two grizzly bears while sitting safely, some distance away, in my car.  I certainly wouldn’t want to be anywhere close to those two. 

    The fact that the camcorder is really meant for video makes it very useful for filming wild animals.  Wildlife tends to flee whenever I show up with a camera.   I have learned that if I can zoom in on them, then take a video, then later, using my computer, I can slowly go through the video, pick out a frame that shows the best shot of the animal, and make a still photo of it.  That is what I did with the grizzly bears.

    It is also what I did with the Saw-whet owl in the photo below.  I zoomed in on it, took a video of it moving around, then made a still photo of the best image.  



Take a look at my paintings:  davidmarchant2.ca

 

No comments:

Post a Comment