Monday 22 May 2023

The Green After A Rain


    It always seems so much greener after a rain, and I sure noticed it this morning as Kona and I walked around the pond.  I am never sure if the green is the result of the plants just being happy or whether the gray skies do something to the color, although we often get gray skies and the plants aren’t noticeably greener.

    I was really happy to get the cooler weather and the rain overnight, because it had been getting very dry.  A couple of days ago I planted some marigolds around my cabbage plants to keep the bugs away from them, and it was like planting something in the dust.  

    After our recent fire evacuation, I would be happy if the rest of our summer was cooler and showery.


Take a look at my paintings:  davidmarchant2.ca


 

No comments:

Post a Comment