Wednesday 3 May 2023

Time To Plant


 


    Yesterday we probably had record breaking temperatures (25°C, 77°F) in McBride (Its really hard to tell in a tiny village, just what the were temperatures were in the past.)   Record breaking or not, it has been unusually warm.  It seemed like the leaves all came out on the trees in just one day and the Aspen leaves were already bigger than a mouse’s ear.

    The soil in the garden was perfect for planting.  I was surprised at just how nice the texture of the soil was; it was very easy to work.  With all those positive things going on, I decided to plant the potatoes.  We have been storing them under the house, and they were beginning to sprout, so they might as well be in the ground.

    I planted 6 rows of potatoes, three different varieties, then after I was done, I happened to look under the house again and found another sack of another variety, so I guess I will plant those this afternoon. I always end up planting more potatoes than we need, always fearing that in case of an emergency, it would be good to have extra potatoes as insurance.  


View my paintings:   davidmarchant2.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment