Saturday 13 May 2023

Early Birds to the Dunster Mother's Day Sale


    This morning we drove out to the hamlet of Dunster for their annual Mother’s Day Sale. We already have enough stuff, so we were mainly going to get some bedding plants.   I knew that Mother’s Day was on Sunday, but somehow I got it in my head that the community yard sale at the old Dunster School House was going to be on the Saturday before Mother’s Day.  I was wrong.  After driving the 24 miles (40 kms) to Dunster, arriving, and seeing no other cars, we realized that the sale will be tomorrow.      

    The trip to Dunster really wasn’t a complete loss, it was a beautiful sunny day, everything was green, and it gave us a chance to view the black scar caused by the fire, from the east.  It really burned a huge area on that side. 

    We saw a mother black bear with two cubs grazing on the fresh grass on the highway right-of-way.  The two cubs had separated by the time I got my camera out, but I did get a photo of one of them.   They were fairly big, so I think they must have been yearling cubs. 



 View my paintings at:  davidmarchant2.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment