Tuesday 18 April 2023

Planting My Peas


    I once read in a gardening book that peas can be planted as soon as the soil can be worked, and even though two weeks ago there was still snow on my garden, now its soil is soft, dry, and workable, so two days ago, I tilled an area, put up my fence sections for climbing, and planted my peas.

    Planting them early means they can be harvested early, before all of the other vegetables come in.  Peas are tough plants which like it cool, and they can stand a bit of freezing temperatures once they come out of the ground.   I always plant my peas earlier than anyone else around here, and so far, I have always been rewarded with a good yield.

    I always save some of my peas for seeds.  I pick out peas that are in pods that have eight or more peas in them, hoping to improve my pea crop each year.


View my paintings at:  davidmarchant2.ca

    


 

No comments:

Post a Comment