Wednesday 1 February 2023

What are the Chances?



 


    As I age, my fingers have gotten a lot less agile than they once were.  Now I often have difficulties buttoning some of my clothes.  That makes what happened to me yesterday seem particularly remarkable.

    I was wearing the greenish-blue pullover you can see in the photo above.  As I started to take it off, it unexpectedly got all tangled and stuck, and I couldn’t figure out why, but I couldn’t get it off no matter how I struggled.  I calmed myself down and slowly investigated why I couldn’t get the pullover, pulled over my head.  Then finally I discovered the problem.

    Remarkably, when I started to raise it over my head, one of the buttons on the pullover, buttoned itself to one of the button holes on the shirt I was wearing.  I couldn’t believe it.  I bet I could take off the pullover 20 millions times and not once have it button itself to my shirt.  It was unbelievable.

    Below is a photo I took when the two garments were still buttoned together.



Take a look at my paintings:  davidmarchant2.ca

1 comment:

  1. I might think there are button 'fairies' lurking.
    Can I say the odds of that happening are so totally nill.
    Did you buy a lottery ticket with the leftover luck?

    ReplyDelete