Monday 13 February 2023

Driveway of Ice


    Last night we had a heavy rainfall.  That, along with the daytime above freezing temperatures, has turned the compacted snow on our driveway into ice.  Something like this happens every winter and so during the summer, I always collect two 5-gallon buckets of sand to spread on the driveway when this happens.     Last night we had a heavy rainfall.  That, along with the daytime above freezing temperatures, has turned the compacted snow on our driveway into ice.  Something like this happens every winter and so during the summer, I always collect two 5-gallon buckets of sand to spread on the driveway when this happens. 

    Now I am down to my last bucket of sand and I am not sure if I should spread it now or wait, in case the driveway gets worse.  So far there is just enough irregularities on the ice’s surface for us to be able to drive out, so I will probably hold off on spreading the sand.

    Below is one of my cartoons inspired by my icy driveway.


View my paintings at davidmarchant2.ca



 

No comments:

Post a Comment