Wednesday 24 March 2021

A Start On Next Winter’s Wood





     Whenever our changeable Spring weather permits, I have been going up the slope across the road to “buck up” some of the birch I cut down last year for firewood.  I had local chainsaw guru Warren Jones, get my chainsaw in good working condition again and now that it is running as it should, my task has been made a whole lot easier.

    I hate cutting down trees, but this patch of birch was starting to die on the top, so I thought I’d make use of them before rot renders them unusable.  I was surprised at how much firewood we went through this winter, even though winter was unusually mild, except for a couple of weeks in February, when the cold was brutal.

    If I can cut, split, and stack the wood now, it will have time to dry out over the Summer and will be ready when we need it in the fall.

You can view my paintings at:  davidmarchant2.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment