Friday 4 September 2020

Morning Pond Walk


    I was getting too lazy.
    I used to go out to feed the birds and walk the dog around after breakfast, but since the bears will eat the bird food and we have no dog to walk, I have just been going upstairs to paint directly after breakfast.  I decided that I had better start getting at least a bit of exercise before I start painting, so this morning I walked around the pond twice. 
    As you can see by the photo, there was a fog laying on the land as I started out.  I was surprised at just how soggy the trail was; muddy and spotted with a lot of puddles.  All of the leaves were heavy with dew to add to the wetness of my walk.
    We used to walk a longer trail that looped though my neighbor’s woods every morning, but that stopped when his renter got a couple of aggressive pit bulls.  Now the place is empty again, so as soon as the leaves drop and create some sight lines, or the bears hibernate, we can start doing that hike again in the morning.

Take a look at my photo-realistic paintings:  davidmarchant2.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment