Tuesday 8 September 2020

Can't Pass Up A Sunset


    I’ve always been a sucker for a colorful sunset, and we had one last night.  I found this one particularly interesting because the clouds appeared to look like waves, as the Sun illuminated the bottom of the clouds.   Then I noticed the two vertical shaded areas in the lower right side of the sunset, and couldn’t quite figure out what was causing it.
    My first thought was that it was being caused by a distant mountain peak blocking the Sun’s rays, but that didn’t really make sense because you can see light underneath the shadow.  Now I am thinking that it was caused by that really brightly lit cloud that must be lower than the others, and that is creating a shadow on those upper clouds.
    I guess it doesn’t really matter, just appreciate how beautiful the sunset was.

You can check out my photo-realistic paintings at:  davidmarchant2.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment