Saturday 9 November 2019

Saturation Point


    Like my garden above, I have pretty much reached my saturation point for rain.  This has been the wettest year I can remember in my forty years of living in the Robson Valley.  I have standing water in places where I have never seen it before:  the floor of my barn is a giant puddle, and there are tracks of deer in the grass in my lawn that have penetrated down to the clay.  
    I only deepen my dismay when I look at the weather forecast for the coming week and see nothing but cloudy skies, rain/showers/snow.  I sure wish that we could send some of this moisture to Australia, California, or other places on the earth, where they desperately need it to combat droughts and fires; we've got more than enough.

You can view my paintings at:  davidmarchant2.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment