Tuesday 30 July 2019

Veggie Dog


    Yesterday I picked both peas and raspberries.  In the morning when I was picking peas, our dog Lexi was in the garden with me.  I was putting the peas in a bucket without a handle, and at one point I was tired of holding the bucket and put it down on the ground.  
    The next time I looked down at the bucket, Lexi had her head in it and was stealing a pea pod.  The little thief ate the whole thing.  
    In the afternoon when I was picking raspberries, I saw Lexi eating raspberries off of the low branches. 
    Lexi is the most food-oriented dog I have ever seen, and it’s not like we don’t feed her.  Every time one of us goes into the kitchen, she is suddenly there, looking up at us thinking she might get more food.  She is constantly “hoovering” the floors searching for some molecule of food that might have dropped. 

Take a look at my paintings:  davidmarchant2.ca

1 comment: