Wednesday 10 July 2019

Bog Arum


    Bog Arum is an aquatic plant that grows in the water along the edges of my pond.  I have taken numerous photos of the flowers and red berries of plant over the years, but I don’t remember ever taking a photo of the berries while they were immature and green.
    Yesterday when I was walking Lexi around the pond, I noticed this clump of green berries almost hidden by all the foliage of the Bog Arum.  The “leaf” sticking up behind the berries is really the petal of the flower, which was earlier white before the berries formed.  Bog Arum always seems like something you would see in a tropical jungle.
    I was attracted to the image by the structure of the plant and all the shades of green that surrounded it.

Visit davidmarchant2.ca to see my photo-realistic paintings of other local plants.

No comments:

Post a Comment