Thursday 2 November 2017

Suddenly, It's Winter


    Although we haven’t experience much snow yet (at present there is only about 2-3 inches on the ground) the cold weather is moving in.  The forecast for tonight calls for -15C (5F) and for Sunday night -20C (-4F).  Today to help us acclimatize a cold biting northern wind is blowing.
    I will always remember our first winter in Canada when I was teaching in a one room school up at Takla Lake.  On Halloween the temperatures dipped below freezing and didn’t get above it for several months.  Because that was our first winter up here I assumed that was the way it always was.  I was surprised then in later years when the temperatures rose above freezing and we sometimes got periods of rain during the winter.  
    I does seem though that Halloween is usually the turning point when it starts getting cold or we get a lot of snow.
    

You can view my paintings:  davidmarchant.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment