Tuesday 21 November 2017

A Beautiful Day


    We experienced abysmal weather on Sunday, with grey skies, wet snow, rain, and more wet snow, but all was forgiven after the truly beautiful day we were given yesterday.  The air was clear, the sun was beaming down, the temperatures mild (just below freezing) and it was perfectly calm with no wind.  The mountains looked pristine with the trees that carpet them covered with snow.
    I fell way behind as we took our walk at Horseshoe Lake because I was so busy taking photos.  The shot you see above is of Beaver Mountain.  I love the way the avalanche chutes and contours of the mountain are emphasized by the bright sunlight and shadows.  The wispy cloud is nice too.  I vote for more winter days like Monday.

My paintings can be seen at:  davidmarchant.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment