Tuesday 25 April 2017

The First Bear



    This time of year one of the most popular conversation starters is, “Have you seen any bears yet?”  Up until yesterday, my answer to that question would have been “No,” but then I went driving down the road to get some firewood, and on the way back I saw this black bear eating newly greening grass along the road.
    I stopped and drove slowly up toward it, and managed to get a couple of photos before it turned and headed back to the woods. 
    We haven’t seen any bears around our house yet, but the other day when we were walking around the pond, we heard a crashing sound down in the woods, that Joan figured must have been caused by a bear, but it may have just been a tree falling during the wind.


Check out my paintings:  www.davidmarchant.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment