Tuesday 18 April 2017

April Snow


    I guess I shouldn’t complain too much, I keep hearing weather reports from the Maritimes about snowfalls of 1 foot (30cm) and what we got over night was just a dusting in comparison, but still Spring does seem to be taking her time arriving this year.  An April snowfall is not that usual in the Robson Valley.   In the past I have taken photographs of snow covered daffodils (this year’s crop have yet to flower), and a hummingbird sitting on a snow-covered feeder (the hummers haven’t arrived yet).
    Knowing all about April snow, I have resisted the urge to put away my snowblower, but fortunately last night’s snow is not deep enough to have to use it.  While I am hungry to see some green, I guess I will just have to be patient.
    


Take a look at my paintings:  www.davidmarchant.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment