Monday 10 April 2017

Leaky Boots



    I really hate getting my socks wet.  That was happening to me a lot lately because I had a hole in the bottom of my fancy neoprene boots and so whenever I put them on and walked out into our puddle-filled yard, my socks instantly got wet. 
    A few weeks ago, I realized that it was my right boot that was doing most of the leaking, and I remembered that when a previous pair of neoprene boots had sprung a leak, I had saved the good boot and threw the leaky one away.   With my fingers crossed, I went out to the shop and found the single boot I had saved, and luckily it was the right side boot, so I was reprieved and wouldn’t have to buy a new pair.  
    Then this week when I was putting the boots on, my finger went right through the side of the left boot I realized then that Fate was sending me a message and it was time to throw both boots away.  And although I hate to trash things, always thinking that maybe they could still be used for something, when Fate speaks to me, I listen.  I opened the garbage can and threw the neoprene boots in.
     Luckily, my shop is full of items I had saved and I still had a pair of old rubber boots that I wore before I went high tech with neoprene boots.  Hornets had built a nest in them while they were in storage in the shop, but the nest had long been destroyed and no hornets were around, it being early spring, so I cleaned them out and what do you know, they still fit and are water-tight.

    So I can once again walk through our yard, confident that my socks will stay dry.  While I hate seeing all the things l have saved cluttering up my shop, every once and a while I am glad that I did save some  of those things.

Take a look at my paintings:  www.davidmarchant.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment