Wednesday 12 April 2017

Bees Are A-Buzzin'


    Whenever we walk down Horseshoe Lake road, when we get back to the car, Skye likes to sniff around the grassy parking area.  She’s a stubborn dog and will not be rushed, so yesterday while Joan and I were waiting for her to thoroughly check out the smells, we sat down on the concrete parking barriers.  As we sat there, I thought I heard a hum in the air, and started to look around for the source.  
    The sound was made by hundreds of bees zooming around a nearby willow tree that was filled with large pussy willows.  This was a surprise, because I had assumed it was way to early for seeing (or hearing) bees.  The grasses are still brown and there are no flowers to be seen.  I guess it is a good strategy for the willows to be the only game in town.  The bees sure seemed happy about it.

I paint, see my works at:  www.davidmarchant.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment