Wednesday 20 January 2016

Zoom Shots


    I use a Sony camcorder to take the photos you see on my blog.  One of the reasons I bought the camera was its huge range.  I can take a nice clear photo of something one inch (3cm) away or I can zoom in to a far away mountain or a grizzly bear, making it seem like I am a whole lot closer than I really am.  
    The shot you see above is one of those zoomed photos.  When I took this shot I was standing in the flat valley bottom which stretched out for 4.5 km (2.8 miles) before the lower slope of the mountain range even began.  The peaks are more than 17 kms (10 miles) away from where I was standing.  From where I stood, the clouds blowing up from behind the ridge would not be noticeable unless one really focused upon a tiny section of the whole view, but the camera makes it a dominant feature.

You can view my photos at:  www.davidmarchant.ca


No comments:

Post a Comment