Saturday 21 November 2015

Which Side Are You On?


    There are of course many reasons why winter driving is dangerous; slippery conditions, bad visibility, darkness, etc., but the other day when we set out on Hwy. 16 (photo above), it was the lack of a visible centerline that scared me.  I couldn’t really tell exactly where I was on the highway.  Periodically I would drift over a bit too far to the side and hit the “rumble” marks and so I knew to pull back toward the center, but when a car or truck approached toward me, I was hoping that both they and myself could figure out which half of the highway belonged to who.
    This is only the beginning of several months of white-knuckle driving here in the interior of British Columbia.  I avoid driving as much as I can during winter, but sometimes you just have to get out there.

My photo-realistic paintings can still be seen at:  www.davidmarchant.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment