Saturday 11 April 2015

Reflecting Pond


    Even if it wasn’t such a critical necessity for survival, water would be a valued thing to have around just because it is so beautiful.  It’s reflective quality has been used throughout the ages to enhance surroundings.   I feel so fortunate to have a pond.
    When I built it, I wasn’t thinking of beauty at all, my focus was to create habitat for wildlife, but once it filled with water and the sunlight started sparkling off of the ripples and the sky and mountains started reflecting off of its surface, I was rewarded well beyond the habitat I had created.  While the photo above is not the most impressive account of my pond’s reflective abilities, this morning it was enough to make me lift the camera out of its holder and snap a photo.

Take a look at my paintings:  www.davidmarchant.ca


No comments:

Post a Comment