Monday 6 April 2015

Putting the Peas In


    Yesterday, I planted peas in the garden.  Peas are always the first vegetable I plant.  Everyone thinks I am crazy to plant them so early, because we will be getting many more nights of frost, but peas are tough and they like the cold, so I follow the directions that I once read--plant as soon as the soil can be worked.  I save my own peas seed and planted them in two rows, one on each side of the fence I rig up for them to climb on.
    My planting season began earlier than normal this year, generally I plant around the 23rd of April.  It always makes me feel good to have made a start on the garden, even though peas are the only thing I will put in for a couple of weeks.

My paintings can be seen at:  www.davidmarchant.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment