Saturday 2 August 2014

Ozalenka Hike, Part 5-Alpine Plants


    I guess anyone who has looked through my paintings has probably figured out that I really like plants.  One of the things I enjoy about being in the alpine is that there are a whole range of plants and flowers up there that one doesn’t see anywhere else except up in the alpine.  Today I thought I would share some of the photos of plants I took last Sunday in the Ozalenka alpine.  
    Above you see a colorful lichen which has been called “British Solders” or “Red Pixie Cups”  Below is the seed-head of a White Pasque Flower.  It is commonly called “Towhead Babies” or “Hippie Heads.”    The Indian Paintbrush that grow in the Robson Valley bottomlands tend to be orangish in color, up in the alpine they have more of a rosy hue.  At the very bottom is a very interesting flower I spotted but I couldn’t find its name in my plant books.





Take a look at my paintings:  www.davidmarchant.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment