Friday 28 February 2014

Lonely Airport

I am sitting in the empty Prince George airport waiting for my flight to Vancouver.  Joan drove me up and dropped me off a few hours before I really needed to be here, but you never know what to expect on the two and a half hour drive to Prince George and better safe, than sorry.  The airport should be starting to fill up shortly, as we get closer to the flight time.

What you see in the photo is a view of pretty much the whole  Prince George airport.  I will be in airports and planes now for the next 18 hours.

The above was written 7 hours ago and things have changed...I arrived in Vancouver and made the long walk from the domestic end of the airport, then i had to go through security, pass through US customs, then walk to the far end of the International terminal.  When I got to the gate, I discovered that the next flight that I was supposed to take  (to San Francisco) was CANCELLED.  Do these sort of things happen to everyone, or just me?

I took my problem to the Air Canada ticket agent, who got on the computer and arranged for me to fly to Toronto.  This meant that i had to turn around retrace my steps, fill out a Welcome to Canada card and mark that i wasn't bringing in any guns, plants, or $10,000 into the country.  Canada Customs let me pass, I had to walk all the way back to the domestic flight terminal, and once again go though the security checks.  

My final destination in a round about way, is Evansville, IN.  After Toronto, I fly around Evansville to Atlanta, Georgia, then finally, tomorrow afternoon, I am supposed to land in Evansville, so as I sit here, I am pondering the fact that I still have 23 hours of waiting and flying before I arrive where I am going.

No comments:

Post a Comment