Saturday 15 February 2014

Blowin' In The Wind



    Some years ago, someone in BC’s Ministry of Transportation decided that highway signs no longer needed to be secured onto a post, and they came up with signs that were just dangling on a chain or otherwise flexibly attached.  As a result, when the wind really starts to roar, the signs really start to dance.  
    Whenever I begin the long dangerous drive to Prince George, and see these signs, slice, swoop, and swing at the side of the road, I am neither reassured, nor made to feel any security, about the highway experience before me.  I guess I should be more positive and try to look on the bright side--at least these signs inform me that the wind is blowing.

At my website, you can see my paintings:  www.davidmarchant.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment