Friday 8 November 2013

The Arrival of Snow


    It’s here.  Yesterday we were getting flurries, but the only only place you could actually see the snow was on the iced over pond or the driveway.  Over night it started snowing a bit harder.  We drove into square dancing last night, and so I got reacquainted with driving at night while the falling flakes obscured the view of the road.  Night winter driving is not one of my favorite activities.
    Of course, there is no guarantee that this first snowfall will stick around.  Chances are good that we will get some rain that will make it all disappear, but hopefully, since its already sitting there, I would prefer that it just remain and continue to pile up.  I always feel better if there is a thick insulating layer of snow before really cold weather hits us.

See my paintings at:  www.davidmarchant.ca


No comments:

Post a Comment