Thursday 13 June 2013

Grey Days


    We’ve been getting a lot of grey showery days lately.  Luckily, I got my garden weeded and the lawn mowed before the wet weather set in.  I took this photo of the Cariboo mountains yesterday.  The grey skies and snowcapped mountains looks almost exactly the same way they do in mid-winter. 
    Joan told me that this weekend McBride is celebrating “Pioneer Days”, complete with it’s parade down Main Street.  The parade features people in costumes throwing candy, lots of horses pooping on the pavement, while the firetrucks and ambulances provide a soundtrack of wailing sirens.
    This annual festival is usually accompanied with rain and showers, so I guess the weather we are experiencing is just preparation for the weekend event.

You can view my paintings at:  www.davidmarchant.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment