Saturday 22 June 2013

Baby Squirrel


    Yesterday at 5:30 in the morning, I got out of bed and walked down stairs to go to the bathroom.  As I was sitting there looking out of the open window, heard some scritching sounds coming from the cedar siding outside of the house.  I figured that it must be a mouse crawling up the wall.  I wondered if it would make it to the window, and I could see it.  Suddenly, I saw a shape move in the corner of the window, but it wasn’t a mouse.
    It was a baby squirrel.  I hitched up my pants and grabbed my camera and went outside to investigate.  I don’t know where the baby squirrel had come from.  I couldn’t see the mother anywhere.  I took some photos, and even picked it up and put it over on the birch tree.
    Later in the morning when I was painting, Joan called to me and said the baby squirrel was in our house.  We had the front door open, and the thing had slipped under the screen door and was in our mud room.  I grabbed it again, and it bit me on the thumb as I held it and took it outside, again putting it on the birch tree.
    There are always so many mysteries that happen around here that never seemed to get solved.  I am still wondering what the back story of the baby squirrel is.  Hopefully, its problems somehow got resolved.

Visit www.davidmarchant.ca to see my paintings






No comments:

Post a Comment