Wednesday 20 February 2013

Longer Days


    Of course, it helps that we are experiencing some clear skies, but this morning at 8:00 when we headed out on the trail, it was really noticeable that the days were getting longer.  The sun was already above the mountains on the horizon, and was brightly reflecting off of the snow on this mountain west of our house.  
    When I decided to take this photo, I thought I should walk over to an area of the pasture, so I could get a clear shot.  It was a difficult walk since it meant getting off of the packed trail.  On one step, the snow would hold me, on the next step, my foot sank a 12 in. (30cm) into the snow.  Luckily, I didn’t have to go very far.  
    I am very much effected by the sunshine.  I can already feel more energy and motivation to do things.  It’s nice feeling to be on this side of winter.

To read blogs from 2012 or to see my paintings, go to: www.davidmarchant.ca


No comments:

Post a Comment