Saturday 1 June 2019

Sorry Birds, You Are On Your Own


    In past summers I have put out sunflower seeds for the birds, but it looks like this summer they will have to find their own food.  
    I had seen a black bear out at the bird feeder eating the sunflower seeds but figured it would wander off elsewhere.  Unfortunately, it seemed like the bear had made our bird feeder one of it’s regular stops, because I started seeing bear poop around the feeder.
    Then last Thursday, I noticed the black bear was out there again, standing beside the bird feeder eating.  Upon closer inspection I saw that there was not just one lone bear, but two of them.  They didn’t cause any trouble, but I realized that I could no longer continue to feed the birds, because I didn’t really want to encourage the bears to hang around.

Take a look at my photo-realistic paintings:  davidmarchant2.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment