Tuesday 14 May 2019

Bear In The Bushes



    Last evening, I glanced out of the kitchen window and noticed a unexpected black area behind some bushes in our yard.  When I took a second look, I realized it was a black bear.  Can you see it in the photo?  
    It has been a long time since we have seen a black bear in the Spring.  Normally they show themselves in the Fall, when they are “carbo-loading,” getting ready for hibernation, and wrecking our fruit trees.  We used to see them down on a neighbor’s field in the Spring, sitting in the sun and eating dandelion flowers, but now the area has grown up so much with trees we can no longer see down there.
    This bear had a healthy respect for people, when I tried to sneak outside to get a better photo, it took off, even though I was trying to be very quiet and inconspicuous.
    It always makes me happy to see that bears are still around.  It means that things out in the bush are still healthy enough for them to survive.

View my paintings:  davidmarchant2.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment