Saturday 13 February 2016

Change


    I am making a change in my life. 
    For 60 years I have been wearing denim jeans.  In all that time when I make a purchase and have been given change, I have just slipped the coins into one of the big pockets in the front of the pants.  Then later when I buy something else and need the coins, I have to dig deep, passed the handkerchief, past the car keys, down to the bottom of the big pocket,  then clutching the coins with my fingers, I have to pull the money out, passed the car keys, past the handkerchief, so that I can use them.
    The other day, as I was putting on my jeans I happened to notice the small change pocket that has been there for the past 60 years.  I thought to myself, “I ought to start using that little pocket for my change instead of putting it buried deep in the big pocket.  It would make using the coins a whole lot easier.”  
    So that is how I am going to change my life.  I hope I can overcome the life time habit of putting the coins into the big pocket of my jeans.   Hopefully, this old dog can learn a new trick.

Take a look at my paintings:  www.davidmarchant.ca

2 comments:

  1. "...making a change in my life". David, is this you getting your two cents worth by coining a phrase for the pocket edition of the blog?

    ReplyDelete
  2. A PUNishing comment, but actually, its about how desperate I sometimes get when trying to come up with a subject for my blog.

    ReplyDelete