We bought our “hobby farm” back in the fall of 1977. When the following spring arrived, we had a tremendous amount of work that we wanted to do outside, to make our five acre property into the way we wanted it. We didn’t have any outdoor tools for the lawn or garden, so we had to buy them. One of the first useful items we needed was a wheelbarrow. That orange wheelbarrow is still with us today and it is in constant use every year.
During its time with us, it has carried the firewood I have cut and split, the weeds I have pulled from the garden, potatoes I have dug, junk destined to go to the dump, construction materials and tools I needed when rebuilding our house, manure from the barn when I had Angora goats, and even the large TV I needed to use when I was trying to aim my satellite dish which was in the barn paddock. I also used it to mix concrete in.
All of that work I used the wheelbarrow for could be exhausting, and as you can see from this old photo taken shortly after I bought the wheelbarrow in 1978, it could also be used for a bit of relaxation.
Take a look at my paintings: davidmarchant2.ca
No comments:
Post a Comment