Monday, 10 August 2026

My Morning Search For Inspiration


     After I painted a square on my painting this morning, it was time to write my blog, but I didn’t really have anything to blog about, so I decided just to head outside, and walk around the pond, hoping for some kind of inspiration.  There were some nice clouds against a beautiful blue sky, so I took a photo of that.  

    As I walked the path around the pond, I did disturb a small frog, who leaped into the water.  I watched a handful of dragonflies circling and darting above the water, and the neighbor’s cat was walking down the path toward me, until she saw me,then turned, and silently retreated the way she came.

    Once my pond walk was finished I headed up to the garden to see what was happening there.  The pole teepee I had constructed for the scarlet runner beans, was colorful with its orangish blooms, and a couple of deep red poppies that were blooming, added a nice accent to the scene.  The pinkish-red hollyhocks made a nice photo.  The purple clematis climbing on the garden’s fence also made for a colorful sight.

    While my walk didn’t give me one dramatic inspiration, seeing all those various things did make me appreciate the beautiful things that I have around me.  All I needed to do is take the time to notice them.



Take a look at my paintings:  davidmarchant2.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment