Sunday, 2 August 2026

Stormy Weather


     As one storm after another rolls into the Robson Valley, I find myself rather subdued and needing sunlight, but realistically all our dark skies and rain showers are very much preferable to the sunny, hot weather south of us causing forest fires in those very dry forests of BC.  The storm that blew in yesterday with its heavy rain, lightning, and loud crashes of thunder, terrified Kona, who trembled and cowered, and couldn’t be calmed.

    As I usually do whenever we have a thunderstorm, I opened the Lightning app to see how close the electrical activity was, and I was surprised to see just how many lightning strikes has occurred in our neck of the woods.  

    In the screenshot below, the blue dot shows our house, and the red dots show the most recent lightning strikes.  I was confident that because of all of the rain coming down, the strikes would not cause any forest fires.



View my paintings at:  davidmarchant2.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment