Last night the Jam was doing its usual Tuesday night playing on the porch of the McBride Train Station when one member of the audience walked over to the edge of the station and then drew everyone’s attention to the spectacular sunset that was going on behind the building. At that point many of the audience, and a portion of the musicians, went over to see what was happening.
After half of our musicians absconded, I figured I might as well take a look to, so put down my mandolin, and joined the escapees at the edge of the building. The sunset was striking and its colors intense. Unfortunately I couldn’t capture all of the station and the sunset in one photo, but hopefully you will get an idea by the photo I did get.
Once I got the group back to playing, we ended our session with a rousing version of “I’ll Fly Away”.
Our summer days are noticeably shortening, and it won’t be long before the Jam will have to start playing in the Train Station lobby, because of the increasing darkness and cooler night temperatures outside.
No comments:
Post a Comment