Every morning lately, I find myself thinking about those lions laying around by the watering holes in Africa, waiting for the thirsty animals to come for a drink, so they can attack and eat them. The reason I think about those lions, is because the first thing I have been doing lately each morning, is walking out to our raspberry patch to pick some fresh raspberries to put on our cereal.
As I slowly walk toward the raspberry patch, I know what will be waiting to devour me when I get there, not lions, but mosquitoes.
After several years of having practically no mosquitoes, all of the rain and showers we experienced this year, have created a mosquito problem. Their population is not as violently oppressive as it has been in during those really bad mosquito years, when I feared to even go outside, but they are certainly more noticeable this summer than they have been lately.
I can go out to work in the yard or garden, and not be overwhelmed by the pests, but if I go over to the raspberry patch, a thick cloud of the mosquitoes suddenly appear, waiting and ready to attack for their blood feast, just like those lions by the waterhole in Africa.
Take a look at my paintings: davidmarchant2.ca
No comments:
Post a Comment