Saturday, 8 August 2026

The Packaging Seemed A Bit Excessive


      This blog is about something that happened in 2016.  I had forgotten all about it, but I think it deserves another blog posting:


   The other day when I went to the post office to pick up the mail, I found a card in our post office box that said I had a parcel.  The previous week I had ordered a new electric toothbrush so I figured that must be what had arrived.  I gave the card to the postmistress and she walked into the back room and came out carrying a huge big cardboard box (see photo above).

     I wracked my brain trying to figure out what it could be in the big box.  It wasn’t heavy.  I couldn’t think of anything that I had ordered and I couldn’t imagine anything that anyone would send me that that could be so big.  I put the box in the back of the car and drove home.  At home I quickly opened it to see what was in it.

    Amazingly, it was my electric toothbrush.  Talk about excessive packaging. 

    Below is what was in the giant cardboard box, beside a lot of stuffing to protect it.



My paintings can be seen at:  davidmarchant2.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment